Happy Full Moon! This moon resides in Virgo and I’m a Virgo, so that’s why I decided to type something quick for y’all. This Full Moon is a focus on organizing/cleaning, detoxing and healing our digestive system. Sounds like spring cleaning to me! I’m going to share with you how I clean, detox and heal.
Clean! Organize! Clean!
I’m a Virgo and I can tell you that I got that organizing/cleaning trait. I don’t think it’s ever been a time a friend been over my home and caught it being messy. My “junk drawer” is even organized. I have slight OCD but hey, cleanliness is Godliness. But seriously. If your space is a mess, your mind is a mess too. That’s my philosophy. So I’m gonna give you some quick organizing tips.
1. Throw away or donate what you DONT need! Don’t end up on that hoarder show. Just L.I.G it! Let it go!
2. Buy some inexpensive storage bins or baskets to put in your closet or drawers for easy organizing and less clutter.
3. Put stuff back where it belongs. My mom got on me about this for years and it eventually embedded in me. Thanks Mama! But it’s let’s stress on your brain to find what you need instead of playing hide and seek with your scissors.
4. I personally hate seeing cords streaming everywhere. Neatly fold them up and wrap a rubber band around them.
5. Labeling. I personally have a labeling system in my mind. But it makes thing easy to find if your forgetful.
6. Pick a day to clean. Sunday or Monday usually my day of dusting, vacuuming, wiping down, scrubbing, etc. etc.
7. Planner. Having a planner is a great way to keep track of what you need to do. I take Sunday night to think about my week ahead.
Tune up your Mind and Body
Cleaning your body is just as important as cleaning your home/space. I’m not talking about just taking a shower (some might lack in that too so wash yo butt please) Most of us are busy and forget to cleanse ourselves and then just crash. So before you crash take some time out to cleanse your body.
1. Take a hot bath with some sea salt or steep some herbs and pour the liquids in the bath. Light some candles and turn on some tunes. Soak until you’re pruney or when the water gets cold.
2. Drink water! Water does the body soooooo good! Throw some lemons in there to really detox those insides. I keep a pitcher of fresh water with sliced lemons.
3. Do some yoga moves or stretch when you wake up.
4. Burn some sage or palo santo. I instantly relax when I smell these scents.
5. If you’re not into the sage get a oil diffuser. So many kind of essential oil concoctions to relax or stimulate your mind.
6. Balance. Work as much as you play. Take time to enjoy yourself but also get sh*t done!
7. Go outside and get some fresh air. Being in tuned with nature is apart of the balance.
Now that your home is clean and your body feeling all refreshed. Make you something to eat! Nothing more satisfying than a home cooked meal. Go to your farmers market or local grocery store. Pick up some fresh veggies and fruit. Make a quick easy baked chicken dish with rice and veggies. That’s my go to meal. Find a recipe in my recipes section and satisfy your stomach. Our gut is important. We make decisions with our “gut feeling”. Our stomach is our core, the solar plexus chakra. When you’re hungry, you can’t think straight. You’re angry or should I say “hangry”. When you eat you’re balanced, energized, happy. Eating well also plays a part with stress, attitudes, exhaustion, thinking. Eat a bunch of crap? You get a bunch of crap. Another philosophy of mine. Cooking isn’t hard or stressful. Get that out your mind and make you something delicious.
“It seems to me that our three basic needs, for food and security and love, are so mixed and mingled and entwined that we cannot straightly think of one without the others. So it happens that when I write of hunger, I am really writing about love and the hunger for it, and warmth and the love of it and the hunger for it… and then the warmth and richness and fine reality of hunger satisfied… and it is all one.”
― M.F.K. Fisher, The Art of Eating